Tuesday, January 26, 2010

pink

this post is about
trusting your instincts



When I was first married, slightly naive, and new to home ownership. I decided how it would be so sweet and romantic to have a pink bathroom. I pictured how wonderful the soft glow of sunlight reflecting off the pink walls would make everything look so radiant and beautiful. I went to the local hardware store with money that we both worked hard for, to purchase good quality paint. I was looking at the little paint card samples to find the perfect pink for the bathroom. The very nice women who was working that day was aggressively trying to help me. She steered me away from my selected pink colors. She advised me to go with one of her color choices. "You will love it" she told me. Against my own instincts I went with the color pink that she suggested.







instead of this


photo courtesy of martha stewart




I ended up with something
like this









which reminded me
of this




the pepto pink lasted about a month

I ended up painting the bathroom a neutral cream


$50 wasted, plus had to buy more paint




I STILL


really love these delicate pale pinks


photo courtesy of martha stewart



the pinks that whisper
with slightest translucent hint of color








photo courtesy of martha stewart
sugary, warm pinks, complimented with pure grays






or vintage pinks that remind me of a country cottage


photo courtesy of country living




it took a really long time
lots of sample pots
lots of wasted money
to find it

the perfect pink for me



here it is

#1185
sugarcane

by Benjamin Moore







trust your instincts when it comes to color
if it's not love at first sight - it's not right




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails