Friday, January 22, 2010

do you do this?


Are you like me? Do you subscribe to lots of decorating magazines? I am not going to name them all, I get too many. It is an obsession of mine. I still miss Country Home and Cottage Living by the way. I have a few of my favorite issues saved. I must go Borders Books every month to pick up all of my beautiful English and Canadian magazines too. This is the my personal indulgence. Once I have them I hold onto them for a while. I like to look at them over and over. I have a little ritual, I like to go to bed with scissors. Every other week at least - while my police sergeant husband is on the four to midnight shift. That is one of the perks to being married to a cop who works nights, you can go to bed with scissors and you get the TV clicker all to yourself. I am a clipper, I cannot possibly find space for all these magazines if I saved them. So I cut out all the photos that inspire me and make folders. I have a few notebooks chock full of wonderful images from years gone by. I dug out some old ones the other day. I realized that I had a little pattern going on with pillow fabric. Then I realized that I ended owning the exact comforter as the tan and white stripe. I never realized how much I gravitate to the same look again and again. I recommend magazine clipping to all budding decorators out there. Cut out the pictures that you love and this will help you discover your style. Have a great weekend, Lori

























































check out my pillows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails