Monday, February 8, 2010

Bangs!

Before I moved to New York City, I lived in Wilmington, North Carolina and worked at a salon. My hair was never very long and always a different color. That's what happens when all your friends are stylists. As soon as it would start to get long someone would talk me into chopping it off again.

When I moved to New York, I discovered that I couldn't actually afford to get my hair cut and colored anymore, and also that I was really nervous about having someone I didn't know touch my hair. Friends had been cutting/coloring it for five years. So I started doing it myself. And it's pretty much worked out okay for the most part.

When I got engaged last March, I knew I wanted long hair at my wedding. Luckily we decided to have a year and a half engagement, so I've had plenty of time of grow my hair out. (As an aside... my wedding is eight months from tomorrow. A year and a half goes by insanely fast!!) My hair is just past my shoulders now, and the longest it's been since I was a kid. I love it long, but I have gotten a little bored with it. So on Saturday night I decided I needed bangs. Kind of on a whim. Since I can't actually cut all of my hair, I can at least cut my bangs. And I got very very lucky, I think. I probably should have let a professional do this, but I went for it, and I love them! (I am probably going to have a professional even out the sides somewhat, but I don't feel like I messed them up, which is good.) Behold:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails